PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proposed route in getting to fATPL and funding it
Old 14th Aug 2005, 10:23
YYZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This general subject has been covered many MANY times before, if you use the search function you will get all the answers you would like.

Saying that though, I am sure you will get plenty of replies.

5K PPL? Ill be surprised if you get it that cheap.
Allot of different opinions on where to do the PPL, personal choice plays a big part.

2K Exams, + accommodation and exam fees, add another 1.5K
And yes, you can start these before getting your PPL, however you cannot sit the exams until you have your PPL in hand.

Hour building, if you are going to do the PPL and CPL/IR in the UK then I personally would go abroad to hour build for two reasons
1. Experience a different environment and have some fun
2. Cost savings against the UK

Onto the expensive bit, CPL, IR, MCC, JOT, 25K seems a bargain.
I’m halfway through my IR and I put 25K to one side for just what you want, it is very close to running out, I should have enough left for a MCC but not a JOT.
Put in place a substantial contingency percentage to cover any problems otherwise you are going to fall short of what you are aiming at.

Get going around some schools to get a feel for where you fancy, do not fall for the sales hype, talk to the current students to see if they are happy, It’s allot of money to spend so do your homework thoroughly.

Good luck
YYZ