PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON
Thread: LUTON
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2005, 09:41
King Pong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I reckon that two new belts are being or have been put in. One enters the new enlarged baggage hall by the side of the old passenger entrance doors, which used to lead to passport control via a large hole knocked through the outside wall. The belt then disappears off outside into the distance to I assume the loading dock.

The other baggage belt has been installed in the service road in-between the new terminal and the new passport control/ immigration building which opened around a week ago. It looks like the belt will be loaded in the open unless work has yet to be finished in this area. It is then enclosed inside a large lid and climbs around 40ft before entering the baggage hall from the opposite end.

Looking from the new meeters and greeters area the baggage hall looks far from finished although all development work is meant to be finished by September which probably means Christmas.

I have noticed that a new dry lined wall now runs the full length down the middle of the old shopping area. I guess that the baggage area could be extended out to here.

Last edited by King Pong; 14th Aug 2005 at 12:22.