PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson Safety Courses
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2001, 07:26
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

To: Nick Lappos

Since the fish has risen to the bait the only thing to do is reel him in. Actually, I would like you to explain the reason for the right movement of the cyclic on both the Robinson and the S-76.

If on both helicopters you were flying at speed and you brought the helicopter to a hover with out moving the stick laterally what would the disc be doing relative to its’ rotational plane?

You mentioned an 18-degree delta 3 angle. Is that the same as the 18-degree offset? It was my understanding from your previous posts that the fact that there was an 18-degree offset it did not matter because of the pitch /flap coupling would cause the disc to tilt down over the nose as opposed to dipping down and to the left. I was wondering if this is true, why does the stick have to be displaced to the right at speed? Is this an aerodynamic phenomenon that is common to some helicopters? Is it possible that on the S-76 the engineers didn’t get it totally right in designing the flight control system to compensate for the position of the servos and that there is a similar offset on the S-76 that has to be compensated for?

You don’t have to answer me but maybe there are others on this forum that would like to know.