PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson Safety Courses
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2001, 21:14
Vfrpilotpb

Senis Semper Fidelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RSH,
Upon reading this thread again , I think it may be a good question to ask FR(thats if he'll answer it)regarding whether to recover to base or land PDQ after recovering from a Neg G situation.
TNF, on recollection I feel that I may have just escaped or possible just entered a Neg G situation on a flight in a R22 late spring 2001, I passed over a cliff face to find a humongous updraft trying to push the tail over the top of me, the A/c did roll slightly right, but besides that smell that you refer to, I dumped the power and eased straight back on the stick, within about 8 secs everything was back to normal and slowly increasing the power I resumed my journey, but the more I think about that particular piece of that flight I think possibly I was there,or at least knocking on the door, as I always do a post check after flight I found nothing wrong,that I could see, and after talking to the Cfi it was just put down to one of those things that you get in turbulance, but, I hasten to add, I have watched the Tec log of that crate, and no one so far has made any comments about it, so it would be nice to know, what FR thinks about the servicablity after a major Neg G incident!
From my little explanation above what do you chaps think?