PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson Safety Courses
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2001, 11:16
helmet fire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Lu, do you even read my posts before replying? Examples:

a. you said: >>We are looking at two different things. Sideslip and cyclic input.<< This is the point I made to you above!

b. you said: >>Cyclic (left) during recovery from a zero G situation can result in severe flapping.<< You keep repeating this line without responding to my continued assertion that CYCLIC APPLICATION DOES NOT RESULT IN SEVERE FLAPPING. No, not even during zero G. Sideslip does, cyclic doesn’t. That’s why I brought up the differences between them. I say again Lu, you need to grasp the fundamentals of flapping.

c. You said: >>My statement about the disc going wild alluded to the severe flapping when improperly recovering from a zero g situation.<< There was no such inference in the statement. You have stated this on so many threads, including retreating blade stall, gyroscopic precession, etc, and at none of those times did you infer it was during a “recovery” situation. I will respond yet again that the disc DOES NOT behave wildly when using cyclic – even under zero G. Even during a recovery. See my first post on this thread.

d. You have ignored my repeated question: If a Bell system is vulnerable to mast bump in exactly the same circumstances as a Robbie, and it does NOT have the 18 degree offset, nor the flapping hinges – how can the 18 degree offset or flapping hinges be the culprit??????

e. Why do the mast bumping incidents of Bell helicopters not get your attention? I bet there has been just as many, if not a lot more due to time in service?

f. You state that: >>the helicopter [was] restricted from sideslipping and flying out of trim as both maneuvers would result in severe flapping and cause mast bumping and or rotor incursion.<< Isn’t flying out of trim and sideslipping the same thing? It is when I am flying.

g. Again we hit that old chestnut of cyclic causing severe flapping: >>he moves the stick to the left and causes flapping which results in mast bumping/rotor incursion<< Not true methinks Lu, See above.

You then state that :>>If my contention of the 18-degree offset were correct then this would further exacerbate the problem by increasing the roll rate<< Interesting assertion Lu, how do you think the offset increases roll rate? Do you believe this always happens, or only with zero G? If only with zero G, how does the G affect the offset?

Thanks for the back and forward Lu, it certainly helps keep back the cobwebs from flight school!