PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SA training questions (merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2005, 20:52
Gunship
GunsssR4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Crime in SA

Just for the ill-informed : I do not deny that there are no crime - there are (same as everywhere in the world I have been).

To say
It happens everywhere, not just the bad areas and even during the day.
is false and a miss - conception created in SA.

Touch wood (and I am sure we are blessed but we are not the only one's).

All our family lives in Pretoria - Midrand and Johannesburg. Me and the wife together have 11 brothers and sisters. Our parents still lives in Pretoria. We have - what can I say quite a large friendship circle coming over 45 years -I am talking 100's of people from various parts of the country and various walks of live.

We have not had a single (yes not ONE) serious crime of ANY nature on any of our family members or friends - not one !!! Think about that afte ryou read above.

False :
Joey and always rented accom with panic buttons and guards which is standard.
What bull ! Between ALL these people (including millionares and multi-millionares and some living in so -called crime hot spots) - not ONE has a guard "as standard".

Yes at shops / factory sites etc we have security guards (same as rest of the world) but at houses - what utter bull !

Sorry just had to put it in record.

Enjoy South Africa - it is a great place with great people - just stay out of known crime - areas - same as you do in London / NY / wherever ... be alert and that is it.

Cheers,

Gunsss