PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SA training questions (merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2005, 20:35
birdlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All very sensible advice. I did my PPL here in SA and am currently in the middle of my exams for CPL. With regard to crime - common sense prevails but just a few other pointers. If you need a car, find the dodgiest looking car you can (but still goes and wont break down) Ive had 2 attempted hijackings already and both times were not in my old banger but someone elses nice car. If you go out at night, go out as a group and get one person to drive. The more people in the car the less likely your going to get hijacked. It happens everywhere, not just the bad areas and even during the day. Always be aware. Dont worry about the wild animals its the two legged ones you have to be aware of. At night, just be aware that you dont have to stop for a red light after a certain time. (check coast is clear but not everyone does this).
Other than that Sa is great to train and very cheap in comparison. Ive heard excellent reports about 43 (if a little pricey) and Algoa. www.avcom.co.za is an excellent site.