PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is going on at Excel?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2005, 19:25
STANDTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is going on at Excel?

I've just arrived back from Menorca having visited my dear old Mum. This was the second time I have travelled with Excel, the first being 2 years ago out of Gatwick on a 767. This time was out of MAN on a 757.

Outbound, we had an unnecessary delay due to having to load food. Bizarre. My pre-booked seats were cocked up, which also coked up the pre booked meals.

It seems you sit everyone at the front who has food. In order to sort out my crew of four sitting together, we were bumped to row 19. This meant we got the food about 1 hr 30 into a 2 hr flight. You would think when you had paid up front you would at least get served before the pringles and baguettes.

And how I wish I had a baguette. the food was a p*ss take to be honest. It would be more honourable not to bother guys. It was a poor effort compared to what we got 2 years ago.

I forgot to mention my tickets hadn't arrived, at home, despite booking months in advance, and I had to pick them up at an agency desk( in a big queue) When I was trying to ring the 0870 number, the automated system kept spitting me out. I got a direct number from directory enquiries, which put me through to an harassed switchboard operator. Eventually, I infiltrated the system by using a derivative of the number,and got flight planning or something, who put me through to someone who could help.

Similar debacle on the way back with the food - had to move from the front of the a/c to have some semblance of seats together, which again threw the food into disarray. Some poor steward did his best to b/s me with reasons, but it was shambolic in the extreme.

Interesting amount of Duct tape used in strapping things back together too. When I was exiting the A/C I managed to knock the end of an Aisle seat hand rest off too.

Is this is the pitch you fly people to the States in? 2 hrs was the absolute max I would put up with. I had to sit half-leaning into the aisle to give the bloke next to me some shoulder room, and as a result kept getting swiped by the aisle traffic!

You strike me as a pretty good team doing your best to keep a brave face on things. My complaints are minor compared to some listed HERE but they all count.

I need to drop someone a line on these points. Who do you suggest?

Thanks

STANDTO