PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S76 down in Baltic Sea (Now incl NTSB Safety Recommendation)
Old 13th Aug 2005, 17:35
Martin1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is, by saying this, you are in effect accusing the company of manslaughter.
Firstly, I doubt that a company, as opposed to an employee, in Finland can commit manslaughter. Secondly, I never ever accused the company for anything.

This is very important; I just, in order to give an example, gave a possible but not likely reason for the accident. That's it. If you draw any conclusions based on this that's not my problem. I even pointed out that I don't think that's the case but if someone thinks it might be relevant they should be allowed to express themselves.

Let's go through another example;

Fact: The company has a history of flying with only one pilot even if two were required.
Fact: After the accident, the rescue team found out that one pilot is missing.
Question: why?

cl12pv2s, if you think that there is some sort of accusation in what I just wrote it probably says more about what conclusions you draw. As NickLappos pointed out, we must avoid defamation or slander. I can't speak for what someone else is posting here, but if you accuse me of slandering you are the one guilty of just that.

Needless to say, my thoughts are with everyone involved in the accident and especially the loved ones to the victims. I don't think that the past history of the operator contributed to the accident. The only reason that I speculated about this was to point out that all views should be accepted as long as it's speculation.