PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MELB Emirates de-icing
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2005, 14:03
Bumpfoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you will find Type 1 de-icing fluids are acceptable for use at most airports including Melbourne which is more than suitable for the CSFF and environmental icing which occurs there.

Damn good question as to why QF haven't yet purchased even the most basic of de-icing equipment to this point, pathetic mangement with little fore-sight I'd say coupled with a good dose of OH&S red tape but who am I to say?! I'm sure a few more crisp mornings with multiple delays will eventually provide the straw to break the camel's back.

In any case why is it QF responsibility to provide the "ancillary" services to other operators eg EK who choose to seek cheaper ground handling services from competing agencies (in this case Menzies and their own engineering staff) with de-icing equipment? I appreciate the co-operation between carriers for AOG situations and times of hardship but where is the line drawn? Seems to me that when the sh.t hits the fan you go crawling to QF and bag them when they can't assist!