PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Pension Scheme
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2005, 10:28
Ginseng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stanley Eevil

OK, I can see the logic in that answer, and if it is the truth then clearly I have to retract the accusation that the calculator is in error in this case. However, that leaves us with the problem that you and Down4Reprogram have now asked the same question of “experts” at the AFPAA and have been given completely contradictory answers. Meanwhile, I have been told (though not, I admit, by AFPAA) that the Spec Aircrew rates apply to the Army only. If you are right, then it begs the question why this confusion could not have been avoided simply by labelling the Pensions Letter Annex G table accurately to make it clear to whom each of the rates specifically applies. Frankly, I have to say that I now tend to be suspicious of the clarity and accuracy of most of the published data on this issue. Assuming that you have now been given the correct answer, then I apologise to all readers here if my previous posts have misled. I can only assure you that they were made with the best intentions and I believed them to be correct.

Regards

Ginseng

PS: Just athought on your last post. Having a Flt Lt receive a larger pension than a Sqn Ldr clearly is not untenable as far as MoD is concerned, since under AFPS05 a PAS Flt Lt can achieve a larger pension than a CS Sqn Ldr. As you say, who wants to get promoted now?

G