PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S76 down in Baltic Sea (Now incl NTSB Safety Recommendation)
Old 13th Aug 2005, 04:14
cl12pv2s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello People!

Obviously, emotions are running quite high on this thread...

However, before everyone loses their minds, let's just put into perspective what's going on.

Whenever there is a tragic accident, there will be people wondering what happened. That's human nature, because it is a 'self-preservation' response. The intellectual challenge is natural. You'll not stop it.

Some asked, "Can't we just wait for the accident report?" That report could be months away. People aren't just going to forget about the accident until then.

The problem is, as details of the accident are sketchy at first, so the number of possible causes will be high. Still, I don't see anything wrong with going through scenarios based on what I know. That might just save me from a different accident.

Some scenarios will inevitably apportion blame to a crew who are sadly are unable to defend themselves. Is it so wrong to consider these though? Sometimes, even the best can make a mistake, and if they have, we should all learn from it.

However...

There is however a moral and ethical responsibility to that we owe to the lost crew, the families and friends and those involved.

This is a public forum and we don't know who may be reading at all. So for that reason alone, it is prudent to keep some views off this list and to yourself. Isn't this is a basic rule of society.

It always amazes me how people seem to lose their social skills, simply because they are on an anonymous internet forum. Why is that? A good test for whether something is appropriate for this board is this.

Imagine yourself in a very public place...would you stand up and shout it out loud? If not, then don't post it here!

Another problem (seen on this thread) is where people have tried to link unrelated issues to the accident.

If there is absolutley no connection between a company's past record and this accident, then why mention it? That is irresponsible to say the least.

So to sumarise what I'm saying...

1. Some need to accept that people are going to question and speculate, when they hear of an accident happens.

2. Others need to be more responsible when posting after an accident...maybe it's better off the list, simply for the benifit of those close to or involved.

cl12pv2s