PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What can 60k buy you?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2005, 19:44
window-seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fray bentos pielot,

When I say that an integrated course is likely to be quicker than a modular one, I mean when starting from scratch.

I cannot see how things can be done much quicker than eating, drinking and sleeping flight training for 5 or 6 days, week in and week out, for months on end.....i.e. an integrated course. Yes I know these large schools suffer from too many students, and too few aircraft (working ones) and instructors, and that the excuse's (and accommodation bills) will stack up........but i'm afraid, that tends to be aviation in general, especially when trying to go flying in this fantastic English weather!!

I know you already have a PPL and some hours, so maybe going integrated would hold you up by 5 or 6 months (and cost you a lot of extra cash)!!!

As for the instructing, I used it (after an integrated course) as a way of keeping current and making contacts. I had an office job for 4 days per week which paid quite well, and did an instructors course over 12 months, flying just 2 days per week (weather dependent)!! At the end of that, I walked into a part-time instructors job, again flying only 2 or 3 times per week whilst working in the office

Nobody sad it was going to be easy (or cheap), and if you head off down this very long and bumpy road, then you must do whatever is best for you. As my mate VFE has already said, going Integrated or Modular is a lifestyle thing, what suites one person may not be for the next!! Same licence at the end of the day!

I know you want to find the easiest way into the RHS of something big and shiney, but I'm not sure there is one. All you can do is maximise your chances..........

Good Luck and enjoy your flying, wherever you do it

W-S