PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The venerable Bell 47
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2005, 14:14
PPRUNE FAN#1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
B47:
Your infamous for your wind ups so you'll have to give us a bit more info if we're going to take this seriously!
Hey B47 you can just kiss my a**, mm-kay? I don't *have* to give you anything. What I am telling you is that I have heard from two separate and fairly reliable sources that there is a deal in the works to return the 47 to new production...that in an unprecedented move, Bell is considering selling the T.C. if certain qualifications can be met...that there is already a committment for a dozen or so new ships...and that most of the technical problems with the Bill of Materials have already been solved.

I'm not sure where your expertise in helicopter production comes from. You may very well know more than me. But if a company bought a Type Certificate for a helicopter and the production tooling and spare parts inventory to make that certificated helicopter, certification would not be much of an issue. They really don't even need a Production Certificate (Mooney Aircraft did not have a P.C. for years and years, and only recently obtained one). It is well-known that Bell charges dearly for their parts. Sometimes illogically so. This does not necessarily mean that those are the prices that *must* be charged. It merely means that those are the prices that Bell feels it can get away with.

But hey- believe what you want. Personally, I take everything I read on the internet (and in newspapers for that matter, and certainly everything I might happen to catch on Fox News while surfing right past it) with a huge grain of salt. (Speaking of Fox News, is that dead Aruba girl's mom a full-time correspondent or anchor for Fox now? I see her on the air virtually EVERY time I pass the channel.)