PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC - Disaster Entry Captain??
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2005, 06:49
330 Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all of you who have pointed out the obvious about time and experience, I agree. No amount of experience will protect you from making a mistake. What I was trying to say was that you do not reach that experience level by cutting corners, being a "cowboy" or a rogue pilot. In today's environment of CRM, most of the first officers will call you on the carpet for cutting corners.

MR8 I do remember Capt. Van Zanten, and yours is a very valid point. I am not however defending an old mate just for the hell of it. The white board in CBC is incorect and I was just pointing that out. The hearing was because of an ASR that the Captain filed, and I was just pointing that out. He filed the ASR because he knew he was very close to the barrier, he thought he had rotated early, and he thought he had missed the barrier by a few feet. In the hearing , the data showed that he had rotated at Vr, and cleared by 50 feet. Experience will not protect any of us from making mistakes, but none of us will get experience by cutting corners. That was my point. If he did make a F--K up it was taking off on a short runway when there is perfectly good long one right next door. I am sure that he will never do that again, no matter how loud the threat is on the atis about delays.
(I am sure that I am not the only one who hears the implied threat on the atis in DXB)

Global Nomad. Is "a load of bollocks" the same a bulls--t? I am after all from the country!

Lastly, if I had anything to do with 411a coming down from the ozone and venting his "bollocks" (right GN?) then I apologise to each and evey one of you. That is a curse that none of us deserve or need!

Regards,

330 Man