PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA Reform
Thread: AIPA Reform
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2005, 02:49
speeeedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stiffwing, I have heard similar statements from more than one COM member, but ask for further information, or examples and they can’t or don’t give them.

The true definition of the word is:

A psychopathological condition characterised by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.

Now, from what I have observed I'm pretty sure he doesn't think he is Kerry Packer or God, so I assume that they think he has delusions of power.

This would have to mean that he has no power but THINKS he does.

Is this the case? From what he has written, and what he has publicly said at various public forums he seems to understand that presently he is but a cog in the wheel, almost humble, yet does stand up for what he believes. This hardly fits the definition.

So maybe they mean that he WANTS power? Well der… anyone who wants to be president of anything is striving for power within that organisation. But the important question is what does he want to do with that power?

Feel important rubbing shoulders with Dixon and the board? No, that would be the present Pres, he carried on like a blushing school girl and just about gave GD a blow job at the Jetstar SGM.

Write his own rosters and generally rort the system? No, that would be some members of the present COM.

Get a management job so that he can get even more power? No, he has signed a statement saying he will not seek or accept a management job in QF.

Wants to fix the numerous problems that he believes are there? Well, that’s what I’m hoping for.

Members of COM who don’t want me and others to back this guy are going to have to convince us with a bit more than name calling.

Besides, given that they serve under the most arrogant president and executive in living AIPA memory, COM members calling IW a Megalomaniac is just a bit rich.