PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC - Disaster Entry Captain??
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2005, 13:17
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all.. was intended as a little BS topic, get the whiners out and have a laugh.. Bit of a devils advocate thing, turned out to atract more serious replies... To bad for that laugh though..

Few remarks though..

Omark - Not ALL F/O's at EK are very experienced and ready for command. A good bit of them are, no idea about the guys involved in these incidents. They might as well be 'learners' gaining experience on the job.. The Captain on the other hand SHOULD have the experience and knowledge... So your remark is a bit of nonsense..

330 Man - Although I agree with most of your previous postings, I think this one is a load of cr@p...
First of all, the experience and past of your guy has nothing to do with it. Remember Capt. Van Zanten, most senior guy at KLM in 1977, yet involved in the worst airline accident ever...
Second, if they had a normal rotation and cleared the runway end at 50 feet, why the ASR?
Third, if there was really an error in the Boeing computer, why isn't there a Notam published NOT to use this computer for T/O data anymore?
It looks to me that you want to defend an old mate who MIGHT have made a f*ck up. I don't say he did. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone, just curious..

MR8

PS: Think we can forget about the 'shoot all DEC's' discussion now.. Bummer ;-)