PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay and proud(ish)
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2005, 10:50
Iz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Coast, you're obviously right in that every person is entitled to his or her opinion. However, when your opinion is based on arguments that are long-proven to be untrue, and you swing that opinion around and hurt other people (whether you intend to or not), it's a whole different ballgame.

If I were to be of the opinion that all people with brown eyes are dumb and should be stoned to death because they are inferior to people with blue eyes, then I can have that opinion, but it is not based on facts and would in fact hurt people's feelings.

Having flown with gay captains (being straight myself), I truly have not noticed the slightest lack of competence, in any area.

I also frequently fly with straight colleagues who spend the entire flight talking about their sexual conquerings and adventures. Promiscuity is certainly present in our world, especially if you have lots of layovers in outstations.

So the bla-di-bla generalizations should end here. Get with it:
- Gays are not inferior people
- Gays are not gay by choice or got the 'virus' from someone else
- You cannot get HIV by touch or even kissing
- Gays are not by definition more promiscuous than straight people. Heck, we straighties outnumber them by 9 to 1.

What disgusts me is any person who deems himself superior to ANY other person in this world.