PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easy Lowcost Mismanagement on a grand scale
Old 10th Aug 2005, 23:19
Comanche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No company is perfect, mistakes are made everywhere. I have flown for Easyjet as flightdeck for over 2 years, both from an overcrewed and undercrewed base, and overall it is a very good company to work for and they are in a strong position to survive in the future.

I have a higher degree in Marketing Management, and I can tell you now that Easyjet do just about everything by the Marketing book, which is very rare. Most companies completely ignore basic principles of marketing and then end up in those books as Case Studies how not to do it. Easyjet KNOW their Strenghts & Weaknesses, they are well aware of the Threats and Opportunities. They have continuously built on their strenghts (eg. economies of scale & branding) and are always trying eliminate weaknesses. I once saw a regional manager studying graphs of revenue per passenger & loads over a period when Thomson Fly started flying to assess impact. Trust me, only top companies like Unilever, P & G, Palmolive etc match this type of high quality marketing analysis and have the information systems to do so. Most companies even fail to define their mission and have no clue what Strategy means.

In my book, I give Easy the thumbs up.