PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Flying and Training (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2001, 01:55
RW-1

Angel

Crab & Offshore,

Actually, while I didn't state where I was going into (it was coming back to FXE, in which I have a curved approach to a section of taxiway).

My actual post reflected that I had a problem, figured it out that night with my CFI, and wanted others to share their horror stories, and tips they use to combat nightime illusions that can cuase problems, this certainly has occurred!

You are correct Crab, for here.

While we can (in the US) do VFR night time, most R-22's have the smaller panel, and while some may have an AH installed there (owner thing), most do not including ours. However there are R-22's with larger panels, I believe they are certified for IFR, certainly we use ours for instrument practice (attitude instrument flying and approaches, that panel makes you feel more like you are in a 206 than a 22 )

Hey, never did a screaming Jesus approach yet (remember my issue was getting slow) Is that when the little statue hanging from the WC starts yelling "Whoa!" ?

But I also like the numbers bit too, I'm sure whn getting into mor advanced craft, if I know what they might expect me to use, I'll be familiar with it.

Ahh, more cramming this week, ugh !

------------------
Marc