PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Flying and Training (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2001, 18:43
RW-1

Cool

Hey 212 ...

Lots of great stuff! I agree on the 5K hovering, in the real world, wouldn't hold it for long, certainly if were at 29-33C (but one can dream right? )

No AH on board, we do have one on the inst trainer. but you are purely visual on all the others

It's interesting that everywhere else (I believe) night flying is IFR, but here we can go VFR, I love night flying, just have to keep on top of everything.

Tried out the gate numbers offshore provided, worked out even better, now that I know what I was doing before, and using that as a gen guide. Much happier now.

>>A particular problem you'll have in the R22 is its lack of cyclic trim, so you are reliant on a pitch attitude being maintained by your hand, rather than the stick being held in a trimmed position. This is where the importance of a good cyclic hand position can manifest itself.<<

This is what I was referring to earlier, you don't have to do much but think to twitch your cyclic hand and move the nose further than you wanted, but I have found a spot for my hand on the leg/knee to anchor for approach once established, then hand movements only when needed I found works well (I hope you take my meaning there)

Ss for radalts:

AlliedSignal Bendix/King KRA-10A to 2500 FT (indicated)

A lot of the others I've seen also go to 2500

Can't remember if the APN-194 mil radalt went to 5K or not, (I think it did, from 2K to 5K you just had 1K increments, so it wasn't reliable, but would indiate, but I could be off).

------------------
Marc