PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Management Speak
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2005, 19:40
Yeller_Gait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IIRC, and it is only in the last couple of weeks that I think I heard it, that here on the farm there is no longer going to be your NATO standard Eng, Ops and Admin Wings making up an RAF station, but because of the changing world situation and expeditionary warfare blah, something is going to change.

Unfortunately by this stage I had switched off, because I have no recollection of what, if anything, is going to change. Now obviously, something is going to change, because it always does, so anyone any ideas?

Perhaps Admin Wg is going to be dis-established, because now that we are an expeditionary warfare unit (RAF), and traditionally they have always shirked anything that does not involve 9-5, Monday to Friday, they should be prime candidates for the chop? Oh .... hang on, reality is kicking in, its Ops Wg for the chop because it costs too much to go flying and drop bombs etc.

Back to the original point though, can someone please remind me what is changing?

We don\'t have a Commander in Chief, or an Air Officer Commanding... it\'s now a Chief Executive.
That will be a Support Command Unit then, Elmlea