PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carrying Celebrities
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2005, 16:37
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

This is a really amusing thread which I have greatly enjoyed reading. Please do keep it up. Most of the so called famous names are unkown to me which means, of course, that the owners of the handles cut no mustard.
Both as passenger and flight crew I have seen, in my travelling experiences, some really disgusting passengers and I have always been more than happy to explain to the travelling public that such might not be the way to behave on board.
However, there is one type of traveller that really does seem to cause a significant amount of nuisance both for their fellow passengers and for the cabin crew. I refer to cabin crew/airline staff flying on either their own airline or on another carrier, whether positioning or on holiday, in any event, out of uniform.
Please don't all jump down my throat at once. This is not designed as a wind up or an excercise in rudery.
For sheer irritative, loudmouthed and brash behaviour what I am sure is a small minority of positioning airline staff can take some beating. They clutter up the aisles and the galleys and generally, in generalised terms, make resounding nuisances of themselves both to passenger and to crew - and, collectively or individually, they do it all night!
The more senior the staff member usually the less of a goodwill ambassador she is for the company. Don't forget that all passengers know (sic) full well that all such airline staff are travelling for free!
It is difficult to remonstrate with such people because we are all aware that they are staff and we all assume that they have a working relationship with the actual cabin crew on the flight.
A letter of complaint to the carrier might prove very effective but equally it might get the working cabin staff into trouble for not tromping on the offenders.
Tricky situations requiring much diplomacy. I, for one, have not yet come up with an equable solution to the problem.