PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter instruction: Cost etc
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2001, 10:46
George Semel

Well I was just offered employment with the University of North Dakota on Monday as a Helicopter Flight Instructor, for there Rotorcraft Division. They have 300 C/B's and 206 B-3. I had applied back in August, they Interviewed me in December and offered me the job. They are starting me at $ 30,000.00 per year with some extras. I have both Airplane and Helicopter ratings on my Flight Instructors along with Instrument Instructor for both. Being dual rated most likly put me on top. Since I don't have a College Degree. I'm also an MEI too. I think my total time and my total time in Helicopters and total Instrument and Multiengine time,and my total time as a flight Instructor counted for a lot since I lack college. I have recived four more offers since Monday. One for a Beech 1900 C and Metro 3's a BH-206 135 charter job, Twin Otter in LV, another BH-206 job in AZ, and a maybe offer to fly an AS-355 Twin Star. Out side of the Twin Star job, the pay scale is pretty much the same with in 1,000 to 2,500 dollars difference. I currenly fly part time for a TV station doing ENG. So it most likly come down for me as to were I want to live. Its not even Fire season yet.

[This message has been edited by George Semel (edited 11 January 2001).]