PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Redress or not redress...?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2005, 14:13
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5d2d

If you feel strongly about it, then I would urge you to do it.
I redressed PMA for, what I believed, to be incompetance and sheer 'bloody mindedness' on the part of a Sqn ldr there.

I saught some guidance from the chief clerk on how best to word the redress, and submitted it. I actually named the head of the PMA in the redress, and I understand it was then looked at by a civil servant, rarther than keeping it in house with the military.

If your case is worthy, and you can show that you have been unfairly treated etc. then you really have nothing to worry about.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the way my redress was handled. It appeared that common sense took over and the person dealing with it upheld my complaint and in simple terms I won! I got what I asked for (a lot of £££ returned) and the idiot in question had a little chat with someone slightly more senior than him!

Squirrel, I take your points, however, never at any stage was I offered any 'incentives' to drop it or let it go away. And, as you rightly say, you will most certainly find out who your (real) friends are!

Good luck 5d2d

Kind regards to all
TSM