PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IFE on domestic Continental
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2005, 02:27
Keygrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...........but it SHOULD have done!!

Back from the trip. IFE on leg one (Orlando/Newark) was a compilation tape of a couple of 30 minute sit-coms and a very lengthy chunk of "What to do in New York" promos. The monitors were ceiling mounted along the centre aisle. Not good for seats A or F as the overhead bins get in the way.

Headsets were US$5 each (but you can keep them in case you are daft enough to fly Continental again).

Aircraft was 1hr 30 late.

Flight 2 was only 1hr 5 late getting airborne. IFE was the back of the seat in front of me. No monitor - just the back of the seat.

Coming back this morning? Nada on the first flight (but only 45 minutes late due "crew rest" from a late arrival the night before [though the text message to my cell phone from Continental in the morning told me the flight was on time]).

The grotty old 757 did have smudgy monitors drop down from the luggage bins so I could see it from seat F - and they showed a movie, "Sahara" (which they started too late to finish before touchdown).

Then sat for 45 minutes on the ramp at Orlando - couldn't taxi up to the airbridge as there were no marshallers to get them onto the stop bar acurately (there was a thunderstorm in vicinity and they don't work outdoors when there's a storm threat). Engines off, APU to run the air-con.

Thank goodness for the batteries in my portable DVD player (and a collection of "Peter Gabriel" music videos on disk).

Have to say that the Turkey rolls were tasty though.