PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorway Corner
Thread: Rotorway Corner
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2001, 01:29
Lu Zuckerman

Thumbs down

To: RW-1

You said, “Also, tell me what your opinion is if you or one of your colleagues ever comes up dead and their/your survivors file a law suit against Robinson Helicopters. Will Robinson offer millions for their pain and suffering? I think not”.

My answer would be no, and the reason for that is that Frank Robinson on paper is a pauper. He keeps his money in offshore accounts and all of the equipment including his manufacturing facility is leased. The reason I keep making these dire predictions is based on personal knowledge of two lawsuits bought against Robinson where the jury found for the plaintiff in both cases and awarded them millions of dollars. Did they collect any thing? No. The reason for that is stated above.

“As for the AD, any PILOT can see that most of that is common sense to begin with (maintain max NR, which is mute if governor is on and working, stay in trim), do you believe we love to fly out of trim all FRIGGING day long? And since they are ADVISORY, your Robbie Police are not going to do anything, I might fly all my approaches out of trim tomorrow just for the hell of it. You are a very sad case, get a life”.

What the “Robbie Police” will do in the event of an accident would be to do everything in their power to prove that you as a pilot violated the POH and in doing so the crash will be listed as pilot error. That is what the “Robbie Police” will do and your families’ lawyers will do everything to prove otherwise. There is an old saying that if you screw with the bull you will get the horn. One of these days, you will confront a bull. Any violation of the POH even if it is not mandatory will result in pilot error as the cause. This is Robinsons' shield against lawsuits and they can get the NTSB to back them up. Learn something from these dialogs. You are not always right.

Why do you think the UK CAA is going to make these advisories mandatory? They realize the importance of the AD and they will put teeth into it. Just wait until the CAA issues the update on the Robinson GASIL. The UK pilots will scream.

By the way, do you know the meaning of ”Frigging”??

------------------
The Cat

[This message has been edited by Lu Zuckerman (edited 17 January 2001).]