PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easy Lowcost Mismanagement on a grand scale
Old 9th Aug 2005, 15:47
FlyingOrange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think what A Tree is trying to do is put across the fustration that it felt at the coal face by the crew on a daily basis.

Our so called managers in the Orange Office at LTN seem to have little idea of life at the bases, the decisions they are making are ... clueless!!

A Tree does have some valid points;

COLF ..... biggest waste of 3million I've ever seen. LTN office folk running about producing lots of crap, telling us how we should be doing things ... but were all ready are, and have been all along.

The 156 seat 319 .... mmm 1 extra crew for 6 pax, how often do we fly that full ... how much for the extra crew? Now I see that it looks like were going down to 150 ... but instead of moving the seats and make a marketing ploy of the legroom we just take the cushions of 2 rows!!

T&C's .... well Staff Travel for one.

The 5254 fiasco, all brought in with misguided truths ..... now crews knackered. After 5 earlies I'm a Zombie, 5 Lates I'm a Zombie ... on my 2 days rest I'm a Zombie .... it was described to me the other day as 12 on 4 off, an apt view. Then every month we have to read those rostering letter's, how does he write so much crap .... the guys at KLM UK were right about him. Do they know the amount of reports going direct to the CAA and CHIRP's ... because most of us don't trust our own managers to deal with it. Even last week at LGW our Base Capt told us how wonderful 5254 was in an e-mail even because crews were complaining it to him ... does he listen?

But I do think that if we get the right managers we can go forward .... As RW leaves can he take his young, fan club from LTN and get some folk in with brains rather than stupid smiles and 'Yes, Ray' attitudes.

We are not low cost, Ryanair is, but we do have a great brand name that is known. So lets take this airline forward.

Realise ... crews are important and need to be retained ... its no longer a small airline, where crews can be 'burnt out and replaced' RW comment.
Get some real managers. Start at LTN, most depts ... work down to bases ... the office in LGW will be empty!!