PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 9th Aug 2005, 03:46
gasgen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NZ Standards

A friend of mine recently flew with a CPL with 400hrs, and an ag rating.All of his training was done in NZ. My friend was considering becoming chief pilot for the kiwi trained pilots new company in Australia.

The kiwi trained pilot took off 3 times without knowing how much fuel he needed for the flight. 3 times he departed without noting engine start and departure time.

He had NEVER heard of checking flight controls for full and free movment before starting the engine.

He admitted that the only time he flight planned in the 400hrs was when he was doing his navigation exercises, and had never flown more than 90miles from his home airport.

I have worked with quite a few Kiwi's and the majority of them have ordinary navigation skills as a result of learning in NZ...... But it was quite clear in this case that this guy was not taught the very BASICS.

I'd give NZ a miss alltoghether...... all i can suggest is do your research.....it's your money!!