PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nats - A Law Unto Itself
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2005, 21:32
BEXIL160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
half-wit, that obviously knows nothing
nope, YOU said:
It's only what I have been told
The inference being: you don't actually know. You don't seem to want to KNOW, having aleady made your mind up about the issue.

That there has been an SI that states formations won't be worked
Nothing to do with airways (or Upper Air Route) joiners, just formation OAT CROSSING flights not being allowed to fly along segments of airways, but being required to CROSS. Despite assertions to the contrary, mil formations filed as GAT are regularly accepted ALONG the airways system and are controlled by Civil ATC.

there are Class D airways where VFR is not permitted at all times
says who? Or do you mean at night? (No VFR at night in the UK, as you know of course).

have an AIRPROX and thus a strengthened case for permanent Class A
It might help your case, but is no guarantee. Ask the Newcastle people, or the Bristol people or any other MAJOR regional airfield not directly connected to the airways system. All to do with DAP and NOTHING to do with NATS.

As to Class C, I have had no takers
. Yes, you have. As heard in the "other place", I refer you to my previous reply.

NATS controllers seem woefully ignorant of their own companies policies or special instructions.
I wouldn't expect somebody valid at Solent to know the ScATCC part two backwards, or vice versa. Or if you are a pilot (we don't actually know your profession), a B735 pilot to know all about the contents of the NIM flight manual. But you do, it seems. Tall order, I must say.

do NATS or the CAA/DAP drive policy on airspace.
sigh... answered on PAGE ONE of this thread. DAP drive policy on airspace, NATS ER ltd operates under the Terms of a LICENCE.