PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R22 Corner
Thread: R22 Corner
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2001, 02:33
Lu Zuckerman

Thumbs down

To: RW-1

The reason I became so belligerent is because of your attitude in responding to my posts. It is obvious that you and I will never agree on this point so do two things. Perform the test I described and tell me the results and the second is please refrain from participating on this particular forum as I am trying to elicit responses from mechanics that work on Robinson helicopters and not try to defend my ideas.. Oh yes, a third thing, please talk to the mechanics at Volar and pose the same questions I asked on this post.

YOU NEVER SEEM TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS DIRECTED AT YOU. HOW ABOUT THE QUESTIONS POSED ABOVE BY CRAB?

AND HOW ABOUT THIS WHICH I COPIED FROM A POST ABOVE. PLEASE REPLY.

When the Robinson accelerates forward the pilot will counter the transverse flow effect by adding left cyclic. This is in addition to the left roll caused by the 18-degree offset. When he passes through the transverse flow effect he moves his cyclic to the right. In doing this he is reestablishing the helicopter in forward flight as opposed to rolling left. Is there a possibility that in the process of moving the cyclic to the right he is not only recovering from the transverse flow effect he is also countering the effect of the left roll induced by the offset? This is why I asked if in the certification process they used a stick plotting board, then they would have noted this problem.

------------------
The Cat

[This message has been edited by Lu Zuckerman (edited 31 December 2000).]