PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legal action against Naunton Pugh t/a Cape Flying services(Europe)
Old 8th Aug 2005, 15:35
ou Trek dronkie

Off to your room with you !

Phoebe Buffet,

I did not realise you were writing about your daughter, I am sure she is delightful, as are all daughters and I sincerely wish her the best of luck in her aviation career. (Not sure what “Spacey” means, hope it is not the same as “spaced out”, we don’t do that in aviation.)

Thank you so much for explaining to me about Edmund Burke (although in fact, he was writing about bad governments), about the law and decency and smacking children on the legs, it serves me right.

But, listen, I am told that if you smack children on the legs in the UK, where you are, it is considered a very serious crime ? What kind of a parent are you ??? Does she strike you back in self-defence ? What does “Buffet Phoebe” mean in this context ? Do you use it in the biblical sense ? We are getting into heavy ground here, methinks. Leave me out of it.

BTW mate, you have no idea what “my country’ is.

Back to the topic. I think Mr Guns and others have been trying to make the point that this issue has been flogged to death, OTT. I also agree. Look, if you or anyone else has a grievance with what you contracted for, if you feel that someone did not perform according to contract, then you have a simple remedy at law in any country, although some are better than others. It will take you at least five years in Italy, so I am told.

So, if you are convinced you have been cheated, it should be failry easy to establish your case. You should have all the necessary information to support your allegations. If that is so, then go out and try and drill the people you maintain have cheated and abused you (your daughter ?) And I hope you succeed in righting your alleged wrongs, if that is the case. The term “alleged” is used for obvious reasons - I have no idea of the truth of the statements of the various parties, how could I ?

Also I have no idea what the background to your own particular case is, neither shall I re-read this long thread again. Let me just say that I have known many dodgy operations in the South African Flight Training scene and I know of one, at least, doing very nicely thank you right now. These people bring the South African aviation world into bad odour and I deeply resent that. Nevertheless, this has been the case for many years and the CAA has done precious little to stop it. Many of us can recall dodgy operators, but we would never dream of slagging them on line. Of course, I am nowhere referring to Mr Todd or his associates, if that is what your initials mean, I cannot comment on them, neither do I want to.

If on the other hand, you did not make serious enquiries about anyone/everyone you prosed to contract business with in South Africa, or anywhere else, the ancient doctrine of Caveat emptor springs to mind.

Pprune is not a slagging forum and for people to use it as such repeatedly is plain silly and uninformed. And not intelligent either.

Old leg smaaker.