PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2005, 13:15
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hostiegirl

I emphathise with you completely. This is not helping Excel's reputation at BRS nor the airport itself.

I was out on the edge of the Chew Valley on my bike this lovely summer's day when I saw the Flug scurrying into BRS with tail between wheels. The active runway had been 09 but the Flug appeared on finals for 27 so I thought he was trying to sneak in by the back door without anyone noticing, but no go, because he was followed by several other a/c so the active runway must have been changed.

He must have landed from Kefalinnia around 1130 (over eight hours late), so I was surprised to see his next duty, the 0700 to Dalaman, has been delayed until 1500. Does it take over three hours to turn the a/c round, or perhaps there are other reasons such as slot availability?

It really is a great shame. In 2002 and 2004 my wife and I flew returns to Salzburg from Bristol on Excel 738s. We were most impressed with the aircraft, the service, the crew and the punctuality (early each time).

The last time we flew with this airline my wife was returning home having broken her leg whilst on holiday. The Bristol-based cabin crew members were kindness itself and could not have been friendlier. We remember one cabin crew member with a lovely Bristol accent who addressed everyone as 'my luvver' or 'my darlin'. Her attitude was such that no-one could be offended.

Perhaps CO ought to have some cabin staff with west country accents to put American passengers in the mood for visiting the land of Long John Silver and Jim Hawkins.