PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas...A lack of Buzz
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2005, 10:44
Captain.Q

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas...A lack of Buzz

Recently took a trip to LHR and back.Staff travel for a retiree is not worth contemplating.
We flew Emirates to the UK and flew Virgin Atlantic to Sydney via HKG.
Now I know what all the fuss is about:These guys are good.I couldn`t put my finger on it but on another thread someone used the word "buzz".
Emirates and Virgin have a ton of it.
Qantas has none.
From the time we checked in in Sydney and arrived back home I saw nothing but happy obliging smiling faces.
Happiness is sadly lacking at QF
Dixon talks doom and gloom.This drives the stock price down.He is at war with his employees.He conducts random "security" searches.He hammers travel agents.He treats frequent flyers with contempt.The company is run on "incentive bonuses"There is no innovation.Fear and intimidation are "de Rigeur"
This is a tired deary airline bereft of ideas..a follower not a leader.The fleet is old and in dire need of a refurb/update.No one is proud of the product..black and grey are the uniform colours:BORING.
This is yesterday`s airline
Emirates and Virgin are vibrant,colourful innovative and the staff know it and relish it .The trip was fun.We had a ball.
These guys have the "Buzz"The buzz of success.
The only Buzz at QF are the BUZZards circling.
There is a LHR base ,an AKL base,a BKK base.The airline has no identity.
The mainline is being cannabalized.There is Jetstar,Australian,Jetstar Asia all competing and pulling in opposite directions.
QF staff are at loggerheads...fights are prevalent
I have mates who stay for the perverse pleasure of seeing Dixon and his cronies fail,leave or both.
This is multi billion dollar company that is imploding because of the idiocy of its dysfunctional CEO.
Good Heavens is anyone watching?
Does anyone care?!!!
Apparently not...how absolutely bloody sad!!!!

Last edited by Captain.Q; 8th Aug 2005 at 11:46.