PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France crash at YYZ (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2005, 10:42
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still very confused about where these "bystanders" or others may have come in. Is there a detailed boundary map anywhere? Either the a/c landed within the perimeter fence, in which case it should have been tricky for anyone to cut through it in either direction, or it crashed (sorry, can't find better word) through it.

I'm very interested in the discussion about over-runs, and have started a new thread in airports, airlines and routes (hope that's right place), to cover whether these should be applied to all busy airports, not just YYZ?

And lawyers may also be "fellow professionals", but this $62m compensation claim seems a little far fetched. As commented on earlier, it seems almost "cheaper" to have fatalities in these accidents.

Can I now sue this law firm for the stress that I, and millions of other passengers, may now have to experience every time our planes might now get diverted because of a few drops of rain falling on the runway surface?

Can those other 308 passengers and crew, who are presumably extremely grateful to be both alive and uninjured, also sue this law firm for the trauma that they must now suffer by having to potentially replay these events over and over again, presumably under cross examination in a court room?

Last edited by jabird; 8th Aug 2005 at 11:06.