PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Aug 2005, 08:02
Scudsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks 74world. I would agree, freighter work isn't a bad job at all. Do you have to make your own tea and coffee? LOL. But if a person applys to Emirates they normally think of the passenger operation and often don't realise there is a freighter fleet. An expanding one. They may have desires to be in the 777 or 340. Instead it's more likely to be on the 330 without Multi Fleet Flying (Hydrabad turnarounds!) or the 310 freighter.

And thanks also for the info regarding pay. How much better is it than Emirates? How's the roster? How's morale over there?

I seem to bump into alot of unhappy bus pilots in Dubai. Even some 777 guys are planning to leave as soon as they can. Just met one bus pilot who was told he could NOT leave the UAE for his 7 days off. He was second from top bid and very pleased at having cleverly bid a whole week off, but his plans were well and truely scuppered when he was told by Emirates that he couldn't go any where!

That's another one they don't shout about in the interview by the way. You need to ask 48 hours in advance for permission to leave base (in other words the UAE). This Guy only wanted to pop over to Europe (8 hours each way). He had 7 days to do it in.

If you're still interested in Emirates but don't like the idea of your travel being restricted on your days off then please, PLEASE, ask them about these travel restrictions BEFORE you travel all this way for an interview. Big waste of your money and their time. If you still go for the interview MAKE SURE THIS IS ONE OF YOUR QUESTIONS. Along with the points made above. It's quite a shock to most people when Emirates actually use this travel restriction rule, because you normally associate this sort of thing with emergency measures. Where's the emergency? No bombs have gone off in the UAE, (although some threats have been made). I can't think of a decent reason why he's restricted. I recently asked for 4 days and got it?!?

I can't say I agree with the principle though. My days off, my free time!