PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any chance to Re-apply for Cadet Pilot Programme with CX?
Old 6th Aug 2005, 19:37
megto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile i am going to re-apply

HI fish and chips,

I had my interview last summer but i failed.

I was 20 and just finished my first year in university. I have always wanted to apply for CX since i first saw the advertisment for cadets about ten years ago, but apparently I was too young in that time that I had to wait. Then in 2003 i finished school in England as i was 19 thinking that i could apply, that was when the SARs came that CX had frozen their recruitment...so i went into university. I am doing a degree in MORSE, which is Maths, Operational Research, Stats and Economics, and after the first year I really hated it, all i thought about was learning to fly, so i applied for CX.

I wonder if you know about hk families. Learning to fly is not really a university degree, I wear glasses and I am female. I told my dad once that i wanted to be a pilot, that was courage suicide.

In my interview Peggy asked me how I could like flying so much given the fact that I had never flown myself before. and that gave me something to wonder..

So I started buying aviation magazines and books to read, and in easter I had a trial lesson taken my friend at the back. I really loved it. Learning to fly in England is rather expensive, and I have been saving anything i could. I started my PPL this summer but i only have a few hours logged so far. By any means if i could finish my PPL next year i do hope to re-apply for cadetship, to show them that i have made improvements because of my passion for flying. Anyway a good pilot makes mistakes and evaluates what's happened then makes improvements.

I do hope that they will kindly have another look at me next year.
Dont give up !

Mags