PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA reply to PPRuNe email re TVL.
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2005, 11:32
Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that the doors are open, the first thing i'd like to see given some attention is the present CAR 206 " interpretation".

To Date CASA ( particularly OLC ) has gotten rather creative stating the use of registered travel agents is an acceptable method of the Shared Charter, blah blah blah.

Well CAR 206, in it present form needs to be either :

1. applied directly as per the many many many posts by Torres ( i.e what is written in the CAR ), subsequenlty many of the operators presently forced at gun point to be RPT would clearly not require to be RPT ,or

2. changed to suite the present CASA mindset.

Mail runs into and out of the Cape, Mount Isa etc etc, are not RPT, a fenced airstip in the middle of a farmers paddock in a Shrike / Baron / C402 is not in anyway consistent with the intent of RPT ( no direct comparison to QANTAS ).

Many of these runs do not meet all four requirements for RPT, Routes, Times, General Public, Fixed Terminals.

Is a Route a designated Route i.e. "W256" ( route designator ) ?,
Are Cattle Station Staff General Public ?, If you take tourists, how is this different to a Blue Mountains Scenic Flight.
Is a Fenced Paddock or a strip of grass at Murray Island a Fixed Terminal ?,

If it is RPT, should we be able to do it in aircraft that are not able to sufficently perform in an emergency to climb safely ( 1 percent to 5,000 ft, what a crock ) etc etc.

If it is RPT, then ensure the correct aircraft are on the routes, Twotter, King Air, but who will pay ?.

A Scenic Flight better meets the four requirements, much more readily than the Australia Post runs throughout Rural Australia.