PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - problem with pprune email
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2005, 06:49
Carrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, thanks for the supportive posts from stickyb, someone who understand the problem. Stickyb, I am sure you realise this problem affects all users of Pprune email if they travel to the affected areas in Africa and presumably elsewhere and try to use Pprune email.

Second, Drauk’s 19 July 2005 post: “The web cafe that he uses has been blocked.......” and his previous posts confirm that Drauk does not understand the problem. Drauk is functionally illiterate in that he is unable to understand the contents of my previous posts and would probably be unable to pass grade two English comprehension. His problem solving skills are probably severely limited in that the first requirement for solving a problem is to be able to identify the problem.

I very clearly, to anyone with a reasonable education, pointed out that the problem is spread over more than one ISP, more than one Internet cafe, includes the email services of international hotels used by aircrew (e.g. Holiday Inn and InterContinental), and that all of these are spaced hundred of miles apart in different cities and countries. I also pointed out that this problem affects ALL users of Pprune email and probably other users of Everyone.net email services in that when they visit these various facilities and try to use their Pprune email or other Everyone.net email they too will find that they are unable to send emails. Drauk is unable to comprehend these two points. He still thinks that the problem is confined to one Internet cafe. Danny, I do not know what your requirements are for an Administrator but I suggest that for a Computer and Internet Forum Administrator basic comprehension and problem solving skills should certainly be part of them!

The Administrators of Pprune have known since late last year that Pprune email does not operate on a worldwide basis. Despite this Pprune is still falsely advertising its free email service as being “Globally Accessible”, “Permanent” and “provides you with all the facilities you get elsewhere”. Elsewhere, such as Hotmail and Yahoo, email customers have the facility of being able to send emails from wherever they might be! I am sure the Administrators of Pprune entered into the email arrangement with Everyone.net in good faith. However, they have now been aware of the ethical and customer service problems for more than half a year and it is not acceptable for Pprune to just stick its head in the sand. It seems to be time for some blunt questions to find out where Pprune stands.

Danny, is it the policy of Pprune to engage in false and misleading advertising and to be an accessory to a bait-and-switch scam? If your answer is in the negative, then what remedial actions do you intend to take and by when?