PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should Woomerii post comments on threads?
Old 6th Aug 2005, 01:12
Centaurus

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
This is a delicate subject. I must say, I too have felt a bit uncomfortable with the recent trend for moderators to voice their personal viewpoints on non-disciplinary issues (for want of a better term) under their title of "Woomera".

Of course they are entitled to hoe in on a particular subject dear to their heart, and their (his) reply keeps the subject matter bouncing along nicely. BUT - it is like the Chief of the Defence Staff using his title to horn in on a soldiers website. The soldiers become uneasy and back away from further discussion. No matter how erudite are the non-administrative replies by a Woomera, there is often a flash of uneasiness by some readers who may be cautious and hesitate to reply. There is something not quite right about it.

Woomeras are selected for their experience, the wisdom and impartiality of their history on Pprune and of course they can always knock back the offer from Pprune HQ. But I would prefer to read their personal views via their original user-name, rather than via their Group Captain position.