PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should Woomerii post comments on threads?
Old 6th Aug 2005, 00:56
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horatio, 2003 is hardly "years ago" unless like me, you've worn out a few PPRuNe user names over the past eight years or so.

Dunnunda has had a few Moderators over the years, most still here, some moved on. Some post, some don't. All have been tolerant of criticism – far more tolerant than Moderators in some other forums! However I don’t think I’ve ever seen a controversial Woomera comment based solely on personal opinion, rather on moral or ethical grounds – as occurred in recent threads regarding under Award payments to pilots – or to “steer” a thread away from what we know from many years experience, may be a developing problem.

Read another Woomera comment above:
"Malfeasance in any form in a democracy is not acceptable. Exposure of it, humbug and corruption is something PPRuNe does well."
We're rather proud of our collective (Mods and users) sucess in this respect!!

It may interest you to know there is absolutely no “party line” in PPRuNe. Aside from Danny and Rob propagating Moderator Guide Lines (not rules), Moderators are free to manage their Forums in a manner they consider appropriate, which may differ from one geographical area to another. Unseen to the users, robust discussion occurs between Mods in our Admin forum, but I can’t say I have ever seen Danny or Rob set “policy” on any issue.

Danny and Rob (and other overseas Mods) are frequent visitors to Dunnunda (in many guises I suspect! ) and are welcome contributors.

Woomera give many, many hours to Dunnunda – probably far more than we can individually afford. In addition, time is spent on the phone, discussing particular forums and threads; threads are not “edited” or removed lightly or without discussion or consensus.

In the end, PPRuNe is a reflection of the thousands of PPRuNe users and their opinions – any Woomera post has very little, if any influence on the content of threads.

In the last 24 hours, there were 193,215 PPRuNe page views from Australasia and the South Pacific, 164,051 from Australia, 11.75% of the total PPRuNe page views of 1,396,022.

Australia is now the second largest contributor to PPRuNe World wide after the UK (48.09%) and ahead of the USA (9.16%).

So, I guess Woomera – and the PPRuNe users Dunnunda - got something right.

And no, PPRuNe is not a democracy.

Woomera