PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Interview
Thread: EK Interview
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2005, 19:43
flybystring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contracted

No change to your contract is a little bit dubious. Previously all Sim, reserve and leave was given a credit allowance. That scheme was removed, which allowed an 8% pay rise to be financially neutral to the company. That was admitted by our management. Don't need a contractual argument a local lawyer has already confirmed it forms part of my written contract.

In other words over the pilot population you earned over 8% in productivity pay which was taken away and then given to you in a pay rise, while the vast population of pencil pushers, EK has thousands more than the average airline, got 8% just for sitting around.

EK lie through their teeth. Most of the recruitment team resigned when they were told they would not get paid for it. Most of what is left are the ,if I kiss my bosses arse often enough I might get a management job variety. Consequently they will tell you what they are told to.

1 Do not be afraid of asking questions
2 Do not be afraid of demanding the type you want
3 Do not be afraid of asking for clarifications in writing and having them attached to your employment contract.
4 Insist your contract is also able to be disputed in your home country law or a country with non corrupt courts where EK have an operating base.

EK are in trouble, they will spin you any old line to make it sound like competition is fierce, but now they need you more than you need them. Even if this is a really positive move for you stand your ground.

It is not the worst job in the world and some aspects are very good, but be warned it is going downhill very, very fast.