PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL M rating
Thread: NPPL M rating
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2005, 18:14
straightfeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that sums up the NPPL, as an unmittigated beaurocratic disaster!

Agreed.

"Should I fail this test I can legally jump back in my microlight and fly on my SSEA microlight differences!-Is this mad or what?"

Not true if you fail any flight test you cannot exercise the privileges of the rating regardless of licence until you pass a test with an examiner. You will be given a F252 that goes to the CAA so they will know.

I may have failed a test but explain how the CAA can revoke the "differences training" which is all I require to fly a micro on my SSEA rated NPPL. Where is the rule that says that?

If you have just put a microlight rating on your NPPL then you have a puka NPPL(M) there is only one NPPL; SSEA and Microlight are just ratings in the same licence. I think you are getting confused with the old UK PPL Microlight that is no longer issued.

No I'm not. I'm aware that the old micro ppl has gone but now you can fly micros on an NPPL SSEA with differences training (see Lasors 2005 (C6.1)) OR on a separate NPPL (M).

You will need an instructional flight within 24 months of your Skill Test if you wish the rating to remain valid.

Do tell me where it says that.
AIC 1.3.1 (b) clearly says the skill test is good for 12 months without any flying at all.

1.3.1.(a) says 6 hrs flt time etc.......and have completed an instructional flight in the previous 24 months.

My point is- How can a skill test count for an instructional flight since NO instruction took place or have the CAA decided that a skill test counts as an instructional flight but have not told the public. Maybe you experts know where this is written down.

Thanks for taking up the thread.