PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - After 3 months of looking got my first airline job.... AND I TURNED IT DOWN
Old 5th Aug 2005, 12:58
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Danger

The 748 is a brilliant machine. At 21,000kgs (or thereabouts) it's heavier than an F27, and really comes close to being a Heavy Turbo Prop. (If you ever want a laugh, check out the drill for radio crate failure).(Very British).
As a stepping stone I would have thought the job a good idea.
After all, if you stuck it for a while and then moved on to jets; your increased pay would very soon allow you to make up the £10k you'd already forked out.
But the idea that you should spend a lot of money and then enter a holding pool is, in my opinion, usurious. In fact, I wonder whether such a requirement on their part is even legal?
I am sure that six months after you'd finished the rating you would be told that you were no longer current - more conditions, more moolah!
Let me refer you to the website: www. bad-aviationjobs.com, there you will find mention of Emerald under the paragraph on Eastern.
A lucky escape, I should have thought.
Good luck anyway.

Sorry to butt in again.

I have just read Bean75767. If you were actually offered a flight job then I must agree absolutely with him. I was under the impression that you paid your 10k and entered a pool.
If a decent heavy turbine job is available; go for it with both hands. You will indeed then be Cock Robin after the magic 500 ours.