PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to Publicly Humiliate Your Own Staff!
Old 5th Aug 2005, 11:12
Hazrail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both Cardamum and MR 8 are right in saying that there needs to be a stiff broom, however to make it clearer I will add the following:

The answer to EK problems is not in hiring ever more high profile Managers from other companies but within.

I am not sure TC is getting the news he needs to and to confirm MR8's statement it is to do with the middle management of EK that the majority of the problems lie, vbery much like the cabin crew training school, where the majority of the trainers have rarely seen an airplane in the last six months upto a year and yet teach abinitios, and their sole ambitions are to remain on the ground and not fly.

Middle Management in EK is a sever case of yes sirs! IMHO apart for half a dozen none, and I repeat none have been promoted on the basis of their competencies but rather on their ability to yes sir their way through, they do not drive the passion or inspiration required for crew to carry on in faith.

TD needs to break the link by imposing himself directly to the contact of the crew and rebuilt the trust that has been lost by years of inconsistent management at mid management level. He needs to do that by making himself known not on the basis of inviting the crew to meetings on thier days off, but by taking himself to the show itself.

If the feedback that is received at a higher level is not enough to go by it is because senior crew have lost faith in the management system and the people running it. TD needs to break some back of well known individuals who are only there for the buck and self gratification, like the secretary and her boss who will not entertain your request because you did not buy a tie for her husband on a layover.

Emirates is probably one of the most famous airline brands world wide, but it cannot continue to be if it continues to be managed the way it currently is.