PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Interview
Thread: EK Interview
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2005, 09:16
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contacted, some 'corrections':

Accomodations allowance is hard to start with, coming to Dubai and you have to rent something on a very short notice is not easy. Once you take company accomodation,it might take a while before the company let's you move out of it to take the allowance, while you have to pay for the house you bought, or the rental agreement you might sign...

Productivity Payments.. you will have to go over 78 Scheduled Block hours per month, no credit for reserve, sim, annual leave. So you can fly 72 hours, have 10 days of annual leave and do your PPC in the same month, but still you're not rewarded for being productive.

Annual profit share: the company has to reach a threshold which is quite high before any profit shares are paid for. Last years have been 10 weeks and 4 weeks, but that were in years with huge expansions, what about in a few years when the expansion is slower?

Layover Allowances are just not enough, unless you plan on staying in your room with your pot noodles. 90% of layovers I have to use my credit card to get the bill settled. Ok, I never stay in my room, I always go out of the hotel and have a meal and some beers. But then agian, became pilot to see the world and enjoy being somewhere..

ERP: The exchange rate protection is a load of B*LL. It is limited to a certain percentage, and will only be paid if if the current exchange rate is below the average of the previous X years. I get paid for the low dollar now, but since the dollar is quite low for some time now, the avarage over the previous X years will come down as well, and soon the two will meet eachother, and then you can say bye bye ERP... Just some sand in the eyes, an insurance which isn't one..

3% is contractual (for what a contract is worth for EK) and is annual, but is far away from inflation, so in real life, your salary goes down...

Payrises.. we got 8% last year, rumours are another payrise is coming, but that's food for another topic..

Conclussion: on paper, your benefits are completely correct, but in the real Dubai, things just work a little bit different....