PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to Publicly Humiliate Your Own Staff!
Old 5th Aug 2005, 08:57
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone saw the real article in 7days?

Had a subheader like: 'No problems with morale...'

We had a good laugh about it in the aircraft, no problems with morale, but on the dark side, it made me realize once again how far the managers are with their head in the next ones butt.... They have absolutely no clue what's going on on the workfloors. In my whole career in aviation, I never saw a morale this far below freezing then at EK, and yet these VP's, VEP's, .... have no clue what's going on..

IMHO, the big problem with EK lays with it's middle management. These guys have to be the liaison between what's going on and the decisions taken by the top guys. These Middle Managers are just affraid to bring the bad news to the top guys, because they try to hide their own incompetence by shouting out loud that everything is going well... and hope it won't catch up with them.

This TD letter is exact that... Everything is going extremely well, there's no problem with morale, and the fact that EK is sliding down the costumer satisfaction ratings, is only because some of the crews grooming is not up to standard, shoes are not shiney and pilots don't wear their hats or ties outside of the flightdeck.... But the service, designed by TD's team, and thus his responsablity, is excellent, far above standard etc...

Heard the other day that about 500 Cabin crew have resigned since bonus day.. Might be the reason why teh other day we had to take out a 3-class 330 with only 8 gcabin crew in the back... how does EK expect to give a service that way???

I really hope Top Management guys eyes will open pretty soon now, because there are some real talanted guys way up there, and if only they knew what's happening, if only some people could reach them to tell them about the real problems they are facing...

Sad but IMHO true...

MR8