PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay and proud(ish)
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2005, 16:48
recceguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

OK, my turn to answer, after a short bunch of flights back and forth over a little pool of saltwater.
It's my pleasure and my right to dislike who I want. I just don't have to spoil the working environment (understand the safe prosecution of the flight) by making my distaste obvious through inappropriate comments - which up to now I have been quite good in - and to the displeasure of some, I will be in the business for another 15 years.
I just got irritated by the first 19 posts of that thread, with everybody congratulating everybody, and positively stating that they would be happy with everyone behaving in any manner, and more if you want. And you will have noticed that by just expressing an opinion different of the one from the apparent majority, I got my fare share of insults and threats (without much argumentation, isn't it ?) There used to be names in the past for that.
So enough of political correctness, once again. I would have got problems in UK talking openly about my feelings ? Great, I'm from another civilisation, featuring a little bit less of focus on those poor human deviances. Maybe there are more of them the other side of the Channel ? (yes, I agree, that's an easy one)
And to give fuel to my detractors, the aircraft I flew were Mirages and Jaguars, and during more than 20 years of front-line squadron service, I never met any of ... them (and as Sqdn CO, I was aware of much) No, I had countless problems with NCOs and young pilots chasing the local beauties on overseas tours, and I had to wait to be out of the French Air Force to meet that nuisance which is the subject of the thread.

Last edited by recceguy; 4th Aug 2005 at 19:34.