PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA cadet pilot (Merged - Again!).
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2005, 15:45
jabba-777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I've had a few drinks tonight, so i feel like i'm in the typing mood :P. hehheeheheh

I have been reading this thread for a long long time, pretty much everyday, i will check for new posts. Its always great to see those lucky ones get selected for an interview and then make it all the way thru and start their course, congrats to them.

I though i might aswell apply for the cadetship now, i still have my Malaysian Citizenship, even though i have spent most of my life growing up here in OZ. I have just completed my degree in computing and also have some flying experience behind me. Im really am quite passionate about aviation in general, have wanted to be a pilot the first time i was an aeroplane.

I just got a few quick questions.

There has been alot of discussions about 'O' levels, 'A' levels etc.
I have done nearly all my primary schooling and all of my high schooling in australia.

Im sorta guessing that the 'O' levels will be the equivalent to the Australian Year 10. In Perth, once you have finished year 10 you have pretty much finsished school legally, ie you have a choice if you want to attend school or not now. The years 11 and 12 are the years you study so that you can attend university. So i'm guessing that the 'A' levels will be equivalent to the Australian Year 12. Does anyone have any idea or information about this at all?

I also will be applying with a degree, so im guessing it doesn't matter where you have done your degree as long as you have completed it. But does it also matter on the results of your degree, or does SIA look at the results you have acheived.

On the SIA application form there is an attachment with flying experience. I have only done about 70 hours of flying privately over the last few years, is it necessary to fill out that form at all?, im thinking that form is for the big guns with heaps of experience when they are applying for direct entry FO or Captain positions.

Also does anyone have an idea when is the best time to apply?, i know from reading the posts on the previous pages there was an intake recently, anyone have an idea if there is going to be an intake soon?

cheers guys
jabba