PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2005, 11:09
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The winter FR timetable shows all the DUB rotations as DUB-BRS-DUB, and the SNN rotation as SNN-BRS-SNN, suggesting the a/c will be those based at the Irish airports.

In fairness to those on the CWL threads who have suggested a CWL FR base, I don't think they have anything concrete to back this up any more than we on the BRS thread have for Lulsgate. Naturally, they would like further services from their airport as would 'supporters' of any airport, but I haven't seen anyone going out on a limb saying they are definitely getting a base at CWL.

What has perhaps encouraged the conjecture is that document on the FR website with the famous orange dots, apparently placed at locations across Europe , incuding CWL, that will become Ryanair bases in the future. However, they may be no more than representational because would any airline publicly state, perhaps years in advance, the airports at which they were interested in setting up bases, and at nowhere else?

I wonder whether any increase in Ryanair flights to BRS and/or CWL might not be more likely to be operated with a/c from other European bases in the way the SNN-BRS has been set up.

Changing subject, am I right in saying that with comfortably over a hundred weekly charter flights in high summer this year from BRS there is only one to Alicante (the Saturday FCA)? If so, this is a startling example of the way that low cost airlines (14 rotations a week by easyJet in Bristol's case) have stolen this market from the traditional IT carriers.